Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You know, I really LOVE the idea of having a blog, but I have such a hard time finding the time and energy to post. Especially since my goal is to post about positive happy things, LOL! Not that I don't have a ton of positive happy things to post about, they just tend to overshadow the constant negativity of my workday. Not asking for sympathy here folks, just wanting you to know where I am at. So I had a really great ME weekend, I got a haircut and I got my first pedicure in like 12 mos, seriously.




I really love that instead of just one little flower, she actually put two on my toe!! ( Hope that doesn't gross anyone out, sorry)



After that I made a stop at the Best of Times, an adorable little gift shop over at Central & Woodlawn, where I picked up a a pair of "Switchflops" (I should have taken a picture) they are really cool flip flops that have a grosgrain ribbon with velcro on the back that goes across the top of the flip flop so you can switch it out with different colors and patterns-LOVE THEM!



THEN, I stopped at the Pink Boa in Andover, an even CUTER gift store (if that is possible) they were having a sidewalk sale this weekend. They had a few of the store fixtures, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff on clearance. So I scored this beauty for my scrapbook room:

I haven't decided on a name for her yet, I am open to any ideas. Her tutu, that you can see in the back came with a denim waistband which does not thrill me-not sure if it will get covered up, or just go away. She did come with arms made of white painted wood like her base, soon to be painted black. Thinking I might hang my excessive collection of ribbon from them when it is all said and done.

So I have been working on this entry off and on for about 1 1/2 hours now, so I guess I should get back to work.

On a parting note today, just want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for my Aunt Martha, she came through surgery and will be starting chemo treatments in the near future.
Hope everyone has a great night!





1 comment:

Michielle said...

Hey!!! I love the toes!!! What a pretty pedi!!! You got something special when you landed that pink girl!! I think your idea of hanging ribbon on her is excellent!! Hope the rest of your week goes well.
Michielle