Monday, March 9, 2009

we were AT the game...

So we suprised Chase this weekend with tickets to the KU basketball game as an early birthday present. And boy was he ever suprised!! I had such a hard time keeping a secret for the last couple of weeks, but it was well worth the wait. And the fact that we had an extra ticket so that we could take my sister with us was a fantastic bonus, she schooled Chase on all the traditions and things that happen during the game. For a while they had us worried, but they pulled it out and won the championship-thank the lord!!! My sister informed Chase that since they won, he would be allowed to attend another game, LOL! (she was joking of course-I think...) And after the game we drove back to KC, picked up the boys-Grandpa, Aaron, and Aidan and went for BBQ at the one and only Oklahoma Joe's. Home of my favorite sandwich, the Z-Man. It is a rawther large brisket sandwich topped with BBQ sauce, BBQ mayo, and onion rings. Jeez, my mouth is watering just thinking about it, and I just got done eating lunch!! So we had a wonderful weekend, got to see the 'Hawks win, got to see Grammy and Grandaddy, got to see my sister, and most importantly, got to hug and kiss on her baby boy!!!!

No comments: