Monday, December 10, 2007

brrrrrrr

I would SOOO rawther be home in bed today. No, I am not sick, just cold and tired. Had a pretty productive weekend, Saturday Chase and I did housework, wrapped gifts, worked on handmade gifts, baked banana bread,(with peanut butter chips) made rice crispy treats (with peanut butter), and Chase stamped the tags for our christmas gifts, whew! Then saturday evening we went to dinner at the Palamino Grill at Terradyne for Rich's work christmas party, nice place. Food was really good, Chase ordered fried okra and I swear it is hand breaded, probably the best "Fried Opra" I have had since my grandma used to make it homemade. Yesterday I got up early and cooked breakfast so Chase and I could head over to Angie's to bake for christmas. Last year Angie and I started a new tradition (well-new for me, she's been doing it for a long time) of baking treats to give as gifts. So we got to her house around 9:45 and started the baking. She was MUCH more productive than me, I took a risk and tried all new recipes this year and I will definately rethink that next year. One of my recipes was a COMPLETE disaster, ended up in the garbage-unsalvagable. OH, speaking of recipes, the ham and beans with the pork roast was ok, next time I will use half or even 1/3 of the pork roast. I ended up having to cook it for 48 (yes two days and nights) hours before the beans weren't crunchy anymore, and I fished out at least half of the meat because I couldn't even stir it. But, Rich LOVED all the meat in it. Last night I made homemade chicken and noodles with homemade mashed potatoes. I can't express to you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE comfort food. It is SO worth the time and effort it takes. I just wish I had a little more time and effort to spare, LOL! So it's monday and we are still on the hunt for the Wii, Chase may end up getting the cash or a G/C to buy the darn thing after christmas the way things are going. Got to go for now, need to get to work. Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Jennifer I didn't know you were such a baker!!! I love hearing about all your recipes!!!