Monday, December 3, 2007

Here we are at monday again. A slightly bittersweet day for me. I do feel like I got a tremendous amount done this weekend despite having to work on Saturday. I got most of my christmas decorations up, and managed to get a few presents wrapped. (I hate a christmas tree with no presents under it, just doesn't look right!) Rich and I braved the weekend crowds and did a little christmas shopping yesterday. I have pretty much resigned to get Chase a Wii for christmas. He has not asked for a single thing and only talked about that game. So, if I can FIND one, that is what he is getting. Not sure he will be getting anything ELSE, LOL. ( that's what he can use all of his christmas cash for, accessories and games.) Stacy and Sonya brought Cayden over last night for me to take some pictures of, it went pretty well for the first 20 minutes or so, then his belly started hurting and he got a little cranky. I think we got some good shots, when Stacy brings back my memory card I will share them. Did a little more shopping at lunch today, picked up some jeans for Rich at JC Penney's (on sale I might add) I was looking for a very specific gift for our office gift exchange but the store was out of what I was looking for. Left my name and number, hopefully he will call me back. So I had a couple of requests about what I am cooking in the crock pot from my previous post, I will try to remember to post the recipes each time I use it. I will be making ham and beans in the crock pot later this week, I just use a 13 bean mix that I soak in water for 24 hours then cook in the crock pot for 24 hrs. I am trying something new this time, I am going to cook a whole small pork roast in with the beans instead of a ham hock. The ham hocks rarely have enough meat to satisfy the cave man that I live with so I will let you know how it goes. Happy December, hope everyone is having a great week.
Oh before I forget, anyone that knows my sister Amy and wants to keep up with her "bump" she has started a pregnancy blog that you can view at your convenience here:

http://aptimes3.blogspot.com/
(ok, hopefully that worked, it doesn't show up on my preview)

1 comment:

Michielle said...

You'll have to let me know how the pork roast in the beans works out!! I agree, the ham hock never seems to have enough meat for my cave men either!!! :)