Thursday, November 29, 2007

It has been such a busy week, trying to get back into the swing after the holiday. I am still feeling so horribly behind for christmas. I did get a start on my cards this weekend but I still have a way to go before they are finished. I started updating the calender on the wall at home for december last night, and I literally have at least 2 things on every saturday from now til december. I suppose it is a blessing that they have cancelled my company christmas party this year for that reason. I am disappointed only because there are few things that they do for the employees and I personally feel that they just didn't plan things in time to get it done. It does give me just one less obligation for the holiday season-HOORAY! I have slowly but surely getting my christmas shopping done, still have a way to go there too. Chase seems more difficult to buy for this year than ever before. He is old enough that not just any toy will do, and I honestly don't think I can swing $300 for a Wii if you know what I mean, LOL. Yesterday they announced at work that they were considering being open with a full crew on saturday Dec 22nd so that we can be closed all day on Christmas Eve. While this might sound like a fantastic idea to some, I find it a bit confusing to the consumer. We have always had saturday hours half day, oil changes ONLY-now for one saturday we are going to have all the guys here, working on everything. I predict a lot of complaints, or a lot of tech's standing around not doing anything at all. I say, no christmas party? we can afford to have christmas eve off. I guess thats why they don't ask my opinion, right? Oh well, I guess I am done venting now. Want to know what is making me happy today??? The thought that dinner is cooking as we speak and I don't have to do anything when I get home except snuggle with my boy!!!

3 comments:

Michielle said...

Hi!! I agree with you.....NO Christmas party??!!!.....I totally understand about the boy being harder to buy for than when they were little. Every year it gets harder. I hate to just hand him some money??!!!........Sooooo, what's for supper??? Maybe it will inspire me to fix something fantabulous for my two guys!!?? ha!!

princess jeffier said...

meatloaf in the crockpot! I work 11 hours a day so I couldn't live without the darn thing.

Michielle said...

WOW!! 11 hours a day!! I don't know how you girls do it!! You definately have more 'go get-em' than I do..HA!! If there is a special vitamin you're on, I'd like to know. Maybe it will help me........by the way, HOW do you have time for ANYTHING else when you work so many hours??...Are you Wonder Woman?? :)