Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Roadtrip

So Chase and I went on a roadtrip just the two of us this weeekend. We attended a suprise birthday party for Uncle Aaron, the real suprise is his birthday is not until February!! Aaron saw a commercial on TV a while back about Royals baseball Fantasy Camp. It is a package that you can purchase to attend a week long trip to the Royals training camp in Suprise, AZ. His package includes 2 full sets of uniforms, a professional photographer that follows your journey through the week, several scrimages and a game with the Alumni (among many other perks) So my sweet and thoughtful sister decided to purchase this fantastic gift for her husband. The camp is at the first of next year but he had to know ahead of time so that he could make arrangements to take off work and so on. Isn't she the best??? So Rich had to work saturday and wasn't able to take off so it was just the boy and me on the open road. We had a great time just chatting and spending time together. When we got there my mom and I decided to hit the Legends Mall. (If you guys have not been to this place you HAVE to go. It is located up by the racetrack and Great Wolf Lodge) It is a mixture of regular and outlet stores, they have a Banana Republic Outlet, Nike Outlet, Adiddas Outlet, Old Navy Outlet, the list goes on and on and on. Chase and Grandpa hit Oklahoma Joes for some of the best BBQ in KC. I have to admit it was a pretty tough decision for me, BBQ or Outlet shopping. But it all worked out well. We had Aaron's party and then spent the night at my sisters. Then we met up with the folks again Sunday morning at Chris Cakes for breakfast. If you have not experienced Chris Cakes, they are famous for catering pancakes in the KC area and have finally opened up a resteraunt. Breakfast buffet, pancakes made to order, 5 different kinds of meat, eggs, hashbrowns, more pancake toppings than you can shake a stick at, let me tell you! It is almost embarrassing how much of a foodie I am, LOL! Then it was back on the road to Augusta where the laundry and housework awaited :( I was dissapointed to see the weekend end I love to visit my sister and parents and when I get time to have Chase all to myself that makes it all the more fun. Today it is back to the 'ol grind, got to work this morning and the spring is broken on one of the doors, what a way to start the day. I guess since it is monday I shouldn't expect any less, right?

No comments: