Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Day after Halloween

So last night was Halloween, and Chase for the first year ever did not dress up to go trick or treating. He decided that he wanted to stay at home and hand out candy to all the little crumb grabbers in the neighborood. We didn't have a tremendous amount of kids (by the time I finally made it home) I figure there were probably a lot more before I got there. But he took the responsiblity VERY seriously, as Chase always does. The highlight of the evening was Chase's brother and sister coming to trick or treat. Tori was a very cute witch in purple and black, and Nate was a very furry Elmo. That kid just kills me, whenever they come over he is just drawn to Rich. Kinda like cats are drawn to people that don't like them or are allergic. I just have to laugh, before they left both Tori and Nate gave us hugs, but Nate gave Rich at least 3 or 4 hugs, I wish I had it on video!!! So I was a little melancholy since my baby is too old for halloween but it was bound to happen. I guess I might as well accept it, the boy is growing up. Had to be to work early this morning for our "Weekly Meeting" Yuck. I have to get up early every morning, but when I have to get up even earlier than usual it really doesn't make me very happy. Oh I almost forgot, we had food day at work yesterday. Can I just tell you how much I love love love food day?? First of all, I love food. Second of all, I get to make and eat all the foods that I love that no one at home would touch with a ten foot pole!! So we had pulled pork sandwiches, a fantastic pasta salad that Angie made with corn and black beans, peppers, and chili seasoning-YUMMO!! Angie also baked a luscious pumkin cake with a fluffy cream cheese frosting to die for. Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it right now. And the best part is we have a little left over so I can graze on it today too!!! Well I am off to cut me a piece of that pumkin cake.....

No comments: