Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday April 7, 2008

I just can't tell you how much I dislike mondays, especially cold rainy mondays.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have to drag myself out of bed to come to work?
Oh well. Had a really nice weekend. Saturday morning I worked to get caught up on house cleaning and laundry (yuck) Then we met Rich's sister Tracey and her son Marcus for dinner at Felipe's (I know, I know, big suprise) We are sooooo predictable aren't we? And then we all went back to our house where Rich's friend Bill joined us to watch the game. You might ask yourself at this point (because I did) Why didn't Jennifer invite anybody over to watch the game? Well, I didn't know we were going to dinner with Tracey and Marcus or that they would be coming over to watch the game. And believe me, I gave Rich a hard time about it. No worries though, I really don't have any friends who would be more interested in watching the game then scrapbooking, so I guess in the end it was for the best, LOL!
Sunday, I rolled out of bed around 9:00, and yes, I know that is REALLY late for me, but I figured well I WAS up until 11:30 the night before. So I start my usual sunday routine, make coffee and start cooking breakfast. I run outside to get the paper and as I am looking through the ads, what do my eyes come upon??

CRICUT CARTRIDGES FOR $39.99 AT MICHAELS THIS WEEK

Now, to some of you I might as well be speaking a different language, but there are a select few out there that share my excitement. So the wheels start spinning, it is 9:30 by this point and I am thinking to myself "I wonder what time Michaels opens on Sunday..." So I call my good friend Angie (because she has the answer to everything) unfortunately she was up late the night before also at a retirement party for her husbands work and was still asleep. (my deepest apologies again ang) But now that I have woken her she researches and calls me back to tell me that they open at 10:00. So, my heart is racing, I need to get dressed!! I need to leave immediatly so that I get there when they open, I can't risk all the good fonts getting snatched up before I get there....and I glance over to the clock on the stove...8:30. 8:30??? I look at the clock on the microwave...8:30. Yeah, yesterday was the old daylight savings time; before they changed it? Yeah, both Rich's and my alarm clocks change automatically for daylight savings time but we bought them BEFORE they decided to change the date. Sooo, the good thing was I had plenty of time to finish making breakfast, much to Rich's relief. Bad thing was I woke up my poor sleepy friend. It all worked out, as I was driving into town, I called everyone I know that has a cricut to get the word out, and I got to Michaels just as they opened and bought two of the fonts that were on my wish list (Opposites Attract, and Teardrop) and I was able to pick up two fonts that Amy W. wanted while I was there since she was on her way to church and might not make it before they sold out. After picking up my scrap stuff that was at Angie's house I headed home, finished up my sisters birthday present (yeah, the one that was in march) As I was working on her gift I was also piddling around the house, you know, the glitter has to dry so you take out the trash and start another load of laundry. I noticed that it is absolutely GORGEOUS outside, so instead of starting the next project on my long list, I decide that I shouldn't let the beautiful weather go to waste. I found the book that I was reading early last fall, sprayed on some sunscreen, grabbed my sunglasses and my lawnchair, and settled down on the porch for a couple of relaxing hours in the sunshine. Let me tell you, I could certainly get used to having weather like that year round without a problem. And I think psychologically it really did me some good. Unfortunately, the sun and the 70 degree temps are gone....back to reality. Hope everyone has a great week, and I hope those of you that got to Michaels found the fonts that you were looking for.

No comments: